For the cabbage, caramelize the sugar in a pan, add the onion and cabbage and cook briefly on medium heat. Deglaze with vinegar and white wine.
Add paprika, butter and caraway, then top up with beef broth and simmer for approx. 15 minutes on low heat. Reduce until almost all the liquid has gone, and you are left with cabbage in a thick sauce. Season the chicken breasts, fry them on both sides and place them on the cabbage.
Cook in a preheated oven at 320 degrees F for approx. 20 minutes. Arrange the cabbage on plates, placing the chicken breasts on top. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and drizzle with pumpkin seed oil. Serve with Schupfnudeln.
- 50 grams of sugar
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 300 grams of finely sliced pointed cabbage
(variant of white cabbage)
- 50 ml. good quality Riesling vinegar
- 50 ml. dry white wine
- 1 tsp. Hungarian sweet paprika
- 80 grams of butter
- A pinch of ground caraway
- 250 ml. beef broth
- 4 chicken breasts with wings
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin seed oil
- 20 Schupfnudeln (gnocchi-style potato dumplings)